Call to make an appointment with
Andrew W. Bender, M.D. today
Rockville & Germantown
Andrew W. Bender, M.D., is an orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of hip and knee injuries as well as joint replacement and revision. He joined Shady Grove Orthopaedics in 1987.
After completing his Bachelor of Arts at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dr. Bender earned his medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston, Massachusetts. He then completed residency training in general surgery at Harvard Surgical Services, as well as training in orthopaedic surgery at Tufts New England Medical Center. Following his time at Tufts, he continued his residency training in orthopaedic surgery at the New England Baptist Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts.
After completing his residency training, Dr. Bender obtained advanced fellowship training in reconstructive surgery at the New England Baptist Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Bender is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Hip fracture, dislocation
- Runner’s knee
- Recent injury, fracture or sprain
- Total knee replacement
- Total hip replacement
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Meniscal tears
Awards and Recognitions
- Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
Internship & Residency
- General Surgery, Harvard Surgical Services, Boston, MA
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Orthopaedic Surgery, New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
- "Top Doctor" in the Washingtonian Magazine 2002 - 2016
Website created by MOSAIC
Copyright © Shady Grove Orthopaedics