Why Choose Shady Grove Orthopaedics?
Our knee surgeons at Shady Grove Orthopaedics have completed additional training, specifically in the knee. With this training, our knee surgeons, Andrew W. Bender, M.D., Mark A. Peterson, M.D., Brett J. Hampton, M.D., and Joseph A. Shrout, M.D., have the training, experience, and expertise to assess, diagnose, and treat your knee injury or condition individually to your needs.
When Should You See a Knee Doctor?
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms of knee pain, it’s important to seek treatment as soon as possible before your knee injury or condition worsens.
- A popping or snapping noise in or around the knee
- Feel like your knee gave out while walking, running, jumping, or turning
- Have severe joint pain, pain in the knee, pain in the kneecap, or pain behind the knee
- Cannot bend or move the knee
- Begin limping or are unable to walk comfortably
- Have swelling of the knee, joint, or calf area
Conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Ligament injuries to knee
- ACL reconstruction
- Meniscus reconstruction
- PCL reconstruction
- Patella dislocation correction
- Knee multi-ligament reconstruction
- Computer navigated robotic surgery (partial and total)
- Cartilage transfer surgery
- Tendon tears
- Knee arthroscopy
- Total knee replacement
- Overuse injuries
- Runner’s knee
- Recent injury, fracture or sprain
- Ligament Injuries
Services: Ultra-sound Guided Injections
Shady Grove Orthopaedics is proud to provide ultrasound-guided injections, a highly advanced technology used to treat complex musculoskeletal pain.
Ultrasound-guidance makes it possible to deliver medication to painful target sites that otherwise would not be attempted. This nonoperative, outpatient procedure is designed to provide relief for patients who are suffering from sports, arthritis, nerve, and overuse injuries.