Why Choose Shady Grove Orthopaedics?
Our sports medicine surgeons at Shady Grove Orthopaedics have completed additional training, specifically in sports medicine. With this advanced training, our sports medicine surgeons, Mark A. Peterson, M.D. , Joseph A. Shrout, M.D., and Sudheer Reddy, M.D., have the training, experience, and expertise to assess, diagnose, and treat your sports medicine injury individually to your needs.
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections: What is it?
PRP is plasma with many more platelets than what is typically found in blood. The concentration of platelets – and, thereby, the concentration of growth factors can be 5 to 10 times greater (or richer) than usual.
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections: Key Benefits
- Increased concentration of growth factors can speed up the healing process
- This is a form of natural healing, as your body provides everything needed for its own healing
- Entire procedure is done on an outpatient basis
- No surgery required
- Quicker recovery time
- Affordable (starting at $499)
Services: The Runner’s Clinic
There are more than 35.9 million runners nationwide and more than 10.5 million people running an average of 100 days per year. Unfortunately, nearly 75% of all runners are injured each year, and most of these injuries are caused by overuse and training errors. This is why we have developed The Runner’s Clinic at Shady Grove Orthopaedics.
The Runner’s Clinic is designed to help runners of all ability levels, from beginner to elite, stay safe. Our experts can help injured runners recover quickly from current injuries and reduce their risk of future injuries. We also help healthy runners improve their technique and prevent future injury.
Through a one-on-one running evaluation, injury risk assessment, and a customized treatment plan, we will analyze your current running mechanics, identify issues that may negatively affect your running, and make recommendations that will decrease your chances of suffering an injury.
At The Runner’s Clinic, runners of all ages and ability levels are evaluated by our physical therapist, who is specially-trained in the treatment and prevention of running injuries. An individual session with Grettel Collins, M.P.T., director of The Runner’s Clinic, will help you evaluate all aspects of your running.
Successful treatment of running injuries and a healthy return to running is based on a timely, accurate diagnosis and treatment. Your customized treatment program will minimize your injury risk and maximize your running performance, allowing you to redefine movement.
- One-on-one running mechanics evaluation
- Injury diagnosis, treatment, and prevention
- Body biomechanics, joint range of motion, strength, and flexibility assessment
- Customized treatment program to minimize risk of injury and maximize performance
- Running technique tips
- Nutrition and training advice
- Footwear assessment and shoe and orthotic recommendations
- Performance and running mechanic improvement
What to Bring:
A current physician’s prescription is required for your appointment.
Please also bring:
- Current running shoes
- Orthotic inserts, if applicable
- Shorts and shirt appropriate for running