What our patients should know about Coronavirus (Covid-19)
We are open and seeing patients, both in office and via Televisits. Call today for more information, 301-340-9200.
At Shady Grove Ortho, patient safety and well-being has always been our first priority. In light of recent concerns about the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19), patients should be assured that we employ the highest standards of safety and infection control protocols. We are actively monitoring developments and news regarding local outbreaks and will take further action if necessary.
For the safety of our patients and our staff, if you are experiencing a cold or flu-like symptoms, we ask that you defer any appointments until you are symptom-free.
While the best way to prevent illness is to avoid exposure, the CDC recommends the following measures:
- Wear a face mask or cover during your visit.
- Avoid close contact (within 6 feet) with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home if you or your children are sick.
- Only one (1) adult visitor allowed per patient.
- No visitors under the age of 18, unless they are a patient.
- You may be asked to wait in your car to be called when a room is available.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If a tissue is not available, sneeze or cough into your elbow.
- Read more about the CDC’s virus prevention recommendations. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html