Call to make an appointment with
Brett R. Quigley, M.D. today
Rockville & Germantown
Brett Quigley, M.D., is an orthopaedic spine surgeon who specializes in cervical and thoracolumbar problem–the back, neck, and entire spine. He joined Shady Grove Orthopaedics in 2001.
Dr. Quigley is the current Chairman of the Department of Surgery at Shady Grove Medical Center, and previously served as the Vice Chairman of the Department of Surgery for 2015 and 2016. Additionally, he served as Chief of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery for 2009 and 2010.
After completing his Bachelor of Science degree at Stanford University, Dr. Quigley earned his medical degree from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. While at Stanford on a football scholarship he was a Free Safety from 1987 to 1990. He attended Vanderbilt on the Justin Potter Medical Scholarship. He completed his General Surgery Internship and Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at the University of Washington from 1995 to 2000. After completing his residency, Dr. Quigley received advanced adult spine training in Director Henry Bohlman’s Spine Fellowship Program at Case Western Reserve University from 2000 to 2001. The intensive surgical program includes an emphasis on cervical spine treatment in addition to the common thoracolumbar training.
Dr. Quigley is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery. When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Quigley enjoys spending time with his family, gardening, hiking, running, skiing, and reading.
- Lumbar disc herniation
- Cervical disc herniation
- Nerve pain in the arm or leg
- Spinal stenosis
- Spine fractures
- Lumbar fractures
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Out-patient spine surgery
Awards and Recognitions
- Stanford University
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
Internship & Residency
- General Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Case Western University Spine Surgery Fellowship Program, University Hospitals of Cleveland, OH, under direction of Henry Bohlman, M.D.
Honors & Leadership
- Chairman of the Department of Surgery, Shady Grove Medical Center, 2016-Present
- Vice Chairman of the Department of Surgery, Shady Grove Medical Center, 2015-2016
- "Top Doctor," Washingtonian Magazine, 2012
- "Top Doctor," Washingtonian Magazine, 2010
- Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery, Shady Grove Hospital, 2009-2010
- "Who to See About Your Back," Washingtonian Magazine, 2003
- Justin Potter Medical Scholarship, Vanderbilt University
- Football Scholarship, Stanford University
Website created by MOSAIC
Copyright © Shady Grove Orthopaedics