Call to make an appointment with
Brett J. Hampton, M.D. today
Rockville & Germantown
Brett J. Hampton, M.D., is an orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of hip and knee injuries as well as joint replacement and revision. He joined Shady Grove Orthopaedics in 2009.
After completing his bachelor degree at Rutgers College in New Brunswick, New Jersey, Dr. Hampton earned his medical degree from The George Washington University School of Medicine in Washington, D.C., where he was the Valedictorian.
He was welcomed as a Junior year member into the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. Dr. Hampton has been repeatedly recognized as a Washingtonian Top Doctor. He completed an internship in general surgery at the Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas, and an orthopaedic surgery residency at the University of Virginia Health Sciences Center in Charlottesville, Virginia. Following his residency, Dr. Hampton received advanced fellowship training in arthritis and reconstructive surgery at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts.
Dr. Hampton is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is also a fellow of the American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons, in addition to the American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons. Dr. Hampton is the Director of the Total Joint Center at Shady Grove Medical Center. Under his leadership, the Shady Grove Medical Center has received The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval every year since 2011.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Hampton enjoys traveling and visiting historical sites.
- Primary total hip replacement
- Revision total hip replacement
- Primary total knee replacement
- Partial (unicompartmental) knee replacement
- Revision total knee replacement
- Sports medicine injuries to the hip
- Sports medicine injuries to the knee
- Sports medicine injuries to the shoulder
- Sports medicine injuries to the elbow
- Sports medicine injuries to the hand and wrist
- Sports medicine injuries to the foot and ankle
- Fracture care of the hip
- Fracture care of the knee
- Fracture care of the shoulder
- Fracture care of the elbow, hand & wrist
- Fracture care of the foot and ankle
Awards and Recognitions
- Rutgers College, New Brunswick, NJ
- The George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
Internship, Residency, & Fellowship
- General Surgery Internship, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, TX
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- Adult Reconstruction Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard University, Boston, MA
- Director, Adult Reconstruction Service, Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Major, US Army, Commissioned May 1992
- Combat Tour, Baghdad, Iraq, 101st Airborne Division, 2005
- Commandant's List Officer Basic Course, 1993
- Featured in Army Be All You Can Be Advertisement, 1997
- Fellow, American Academy of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Website created by MOSAIC
Copyright © Shady Grove Orthopaedics