The Runner’s Clinic is designed to help runners of all ability levels, from beginner to elite, stay safe. Our experts can help injured runners recover quickly from current injuries and reduce their risk of future injuries. We also help healthy runners improve their technique and prevent future injury.
Through a one-on-one running evaluation, injury risk assessment, and a customized treatment plan, we will analyze your current running mechanics, identify issues that may negatively affect your running, and make recommendations that will decrease your chances of suffering an injury. This includes assessing multiple areas ranging from body biomechanics, joint range of motion, strength, flexibility, treadmill running, footwear, and training technique.
At The Runner’s Clinic, runners of all ages and ability levels are evaluated by our physical therapist, who is specially-trained in the treatment and prevention of running injuries. Successful treatment of running injuries and a healthy return to running is based on a timely, accurate diagnosis and treatment. Your customized treatment program will minimize your injury risk and maximize your running performance, allowing you to redefine movement.
- One-on-one running mechanics evaluation
- Injury diagnosis, treatment, and prevention
- Body biomechanics, joint range of motion, strength, and flexibility assessment
- Customized treatment program to minimize risk of injury and maximize performance
- Running technique tips
- Nutrition and training advice
- Footwear assessment and shoe and orthotic recommendations
- Performance and running mechanic improvement
What to Bring:
A current physician’s prescription is required for your appointment.
Please also bring:
- Current running shoes
- Orthotic inserts, if applicable
- Shorts and shirt appropriate for running
To schedule your appointment, please contact the Germantown office at 240-454-6790.
Shady Grove Orthopaedic Associates: Physical Therapy, Germantown Office
19735 Germantown Road
Germantown, MD 20874